Public Involvement Coordinator/Title VI Coordinator
The Fredericksburg Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (FAMPO) is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Public Involvement and Title VI Coordinator to develop and implement programs that communicate, enhance, and create a positive image for FAMPO. The successful candidate is able to write clear, well-designed communications for a variety of audiences and can effectively leverage existing and new communication tools and technology. The ideal candidate must:
- Have outstanding people and customer service skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a positive attitude and a willingness to work in a team-oriented environment
- Be detail oriented and have excellent organization skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Be highly versed in computer applications, word processing, desktop publishing, graphics and web systems, as well as proficiency and knowledge of social media platforms
The employee exercises considerable independent judgment and initiative and must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with city/county staff, elected and appointed officials, media, other government organizations, civic groups and the general public.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Designs and implements external marketing and communications programs, promoting awareness of organizational goals, objectives, and activities to citizens and community leaders;
- Develops informational, marketing and promotional materials using a variety of media, including the website, social media, brochures, fact sheets, reports, newsletters;
- Coordinates communication with the news media by preparing news releases and public service announcements;
- Prepares a variety of written correspondence, reports, and other written materials;
- Writes and maintain website content for accuracy and availability of information, updating and implementing changes as needed;
- Maintains central email interface with website visitors, responding to inquiries and requests in a timely manner and/or referring correspondence to appropriate staff;
- Maintains the social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter;
- Assesses the MPO’s communication needs and evaluates the effectiveness of communication programs;
- Manage, periodically evaluate, and seek to continually improve the Title VI, Environmental Justice and Limited English Proficiency programs that include knowledge of all federal requirements as they relate to the MPO;
- Provide staff support for the Citizens Transportation Advisory Group (CTAG);
- Work with staff to develop materials and programs used to educate and train staff about their responsibilities under the Title VI, Environmental Justice, and Limited English Proficiency; evaluate, monitor, and recommend changes to such materials and programs to ensure individuals are proficiently trained on these issues;
- Performs other related duties as required.
A Bachelor/Master’s degree in a Planning or Communications discipline such as Public Involvement, Public Outreach, Public Affairs, Public Administration, Sociology, Urban Planning, or Government with demonstrated communications skills. At least 2 years of professional work experience in planning or communications.
Compensation for the position will be competitive based on qualifications and experience. An outstanding benefits package is also provided.
FAMPO partners with Stafford County to provide a complete benefits package as part of your compensation package. Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Life Insurance
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Virginia Retirement System
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Family Medical Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Civil Leave
- Military Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Direct Deposit
- Credit Unions
- Workers Compensation
- Flexible Benefits Program
- Voluntary Insurance Programs
- Tuition Assistance
For more information, visit www.staffordcountyva.gov.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and list of four references to Paul Agnello, FAMPO Administrator, Fredericksburg Area Metropolitan Planning Organization, 406 Princess Anne Street, Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is open until filled.
The George Washington Regional Commission/Fredericksburg Area Metropolitan Planning Organization is an equal opportunity employer.