The Fredericksburg Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (FAMPO) is responsible for conducting the federally required metropolitan transportation-planning process for the metropolitan planning region. The region is comprised of the City of Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania and Stafford Counties encompassing approximately 700 square miles with a population over 350,000.
Today, federal, state and other transportation funds are scarce; therefore, transportation investments must be allocated with careful planning to meet our region’s shared vision for its future. FAMPO examines future and investment alternatives, collaborates with state and local governments, interested parties and residents to develop short and long-term transportation plans that meet our region’s objectives. A multi-modal planning approach is used to assure a vibrant, intelligent and growing system of roads, rail, public transportation, and bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure.
FAMPO invites you to browse our website to see what is planned to improve the transportation system and quality of life in our region. FAMPO values your input, and encourages you to become more involved in the transportation planning process.
- 11/24/2015 - For the Thanksgiving holiday, the GWRC/FAMPO Office will be closed on Wednesday, November 25 and will reopen Monday, November 30th
- 11/18/2015 - Public Comment Period open for Amendment to FY2016 Unified Planning Work Program
- 10/21/2015 - FAMP0 considers problems and fixes for express lanes
- 9/21/2015 - Stafford supervisors angered by state transportation officials' perceived disregard for congestion problems
- 9/21/2015 - Stafford picks projects for statewide prioritization program