The Fredericksburg Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (FAMPO) is responsible for conducting the federally required metropolitan transportation-planning process for the metropolitan planning region. The region is comprised of the City of Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania and Stafford Counties encompassing approximately 700 square miles with a population over 350,000.
Today, federal, state and other transportation funds are scarce; therefore, transportation investments must be allocated with careful planning to meet our region’s shared vision for its future. FAMPO examines future and investment alternatives, collaborates with state and local governments, interested parties and residents to develop short and long-term transportation plans that meet our region’s objectives. A multi-modal planning approach is used to assure a vibrant, intelligent and growing system of roads, rail, public transportation, and bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure.
FAMPO invites you to browse our website to see what is planned to improve the transportation system and quality of life in our region. FAMPO values your input, and encourages you to become more involved in the transportation planning process.
- 5/13/2015 - Transurban study finds Express Lanes cut commute times
- 4/23/2015 - FAMPO Releases Draft FY 2016 Unified Planning Work Program for Public Comment
- 4/21/2015 - FAMPO members still confused, skeptical of new state transportation program
- 2/13/2015 - Interstate 95 express lanes bringing in the tolls
- 1/10/2015 - Transportation Secretary pushes states' new highway prioritization program