The Fredericksburg Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (FAMPO) is a federally mandated, federally funded transportation agency that is responsible for the coordination of transportation planning activites with the MPO boundary which includes the City of Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania County and Stafford County.
FAMPO leads in the development of our region’s long-range transportation plan and short-range transportion improvement program through a partnership among the U.S. DOT, VDOT, local elected officials, local planning and public works directors, the business community, and citizens across the region. FAMPO also decides what transportation projects are funded with the available, local, state and federal dollars within its established planning area boundary which includes the City of Fredericksburg and the counties of Spotsylvania and Stafford. The MPO priorities all transportation related projects for all type of modes such as highways, transit, intermodal freight, and bicycle/pedistrian.
We invite you to browse our website to see what is planned to improve your transportation system and your quality of life. FAMPO values your input, so please contact us with any questions or suggestions or to become more involved in the transporation planning process.
- 12/04/2013 - Rappahannock Parkway makes comeback
- 12/02/2013 - VDOT to offer plan to fix I-95 congestion
- 11/19/2013 - Traffic fixes lack financial support
- 11/09/2013 - Area to see lots of roadwork
- 11/06/2013 - VDOT to host transportation planning meeting
- 11/01/2013 - Draft Virginia Multimodal Freight Plan Available for Public Review