The Fredericksburg Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (FAMPO) is responsible for conducting the federally required metropolitan transportation-planning process for the metropolitan planning region. The region is comprised of the City of Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania and Stafford Counties encompassing approximately 700 square miles with a population over 350,000.
Today, federal, state and other transportation funds are scarce; therefore, transportation investments must be allocated with careful planning to meet our region’s shared vision for its future. FAMPO examines future and investment alternatives, collaborates with state and local governments, interested parties and residents to develop short and long-term transportation plans that meet our region’s objectives. A multi-modal planning approach is used to assure a vibrant, intelligent and growing system of roads, rail, public transportation, and bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure.
FAMPO invites you to browse our website to see what is planned to improve the transportation system and quality of life in our region. FAMPO values your input, and encourages you to become more involved in the transportation planning process.
REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION FUNDING PRIORITIES WORKSHOP
VDOT/GWRC/FAMPO will hold a facilitated workshop to seek regional consensus on which transportation projects to submit to the State for future funding considerations. Under recent State law, there are two types of projects eligible and two funding sources. The first type of projects are major projects on major corridors which have Statewide significance. The second type of projects are mid-sized improvements important to the Region.,,This will be a facilitated workshop whereby all elected officials and the public are invited to attend.
- 6/23/2015 - Changes planned for Route 3, U.S. 17 interchanges off I-95
- 6/22/2015 - VDOT to unveil Rappahannock River Crossing study
- 6/21/2015 - Studies show mixed results from I-95 Express Lanes
- 6/17/2015 - Governor McAuliffe Announces New Data-Driven Scoring Process to Fund the Right Transportation Projects for Virginia
- 6/16/2015 - VDOT News Release: Public Comment Sought on I-95 Rappahannock River Crossing Environmental Study
- 5/28/2015 - VDOT News Release: New HOV Carpooling Signs, Pickup Area Proposed at Staffordboro Park and Ride
- 5/13/2015 - Transurban study finds Express Lanes cut commute times
- 4/21/2015 - FAMPO members still confused, skeptical of new state transportation program