The Fredericksburg Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (FAMPO) is responsible for conducting the federally required metropolitan transportation-planning process for the metropolitan planning region. The region is comprised of the City of Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania and Stafford Counties encompassing approximately 700 square miles with a population over 275,000.
Today, federal, state and other transportation funds are scarce; therefore, transportation investments must be allocated with careful planning to meet our region’s shared vision for its future. FAMPO examines future and investment alternatives, collaborates with state and local governments, interested parties and residents to develop short and long-term transportation plans that meet our region’s objectives. A multi-modal planning approach is used to assure a vibrant, intelligent and growing system of roads, rail, public transportation, and bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure.
FAMPO invites you to browse our website to see what is planned to improve the transportation system and quality of life in our region. FAMPO values your input, and encourages you to become more involved in the transportation planning process.
Carpoolers: Your travel on I-95 will soon require an E-ZPass Flex
Carpoolers need an E-ZPass Flex to travel toll-free in the 95 Express Lanes. E-ZPass Flex works like a standard E-ZPass but allows carpoolers to switch between HOV and toll-paying modes. The switchable E-ZPass Flex lets the Express Lanes operator know which vehicles are HOV-3+ so that they aren’t charged a toll. HOV-3+ carpoolers will enjoy toll-free trips 24 hours a day, seven days a week on the 95 Express Lanes.
- Virginia E-ZPass website: http://www.ezpassva.com/
- Dedicated carpooler information page: http://95expresslanes.com/travel-carpool
- FAQs on the 95 Express Lanes:
Learn about the rules affecting poolers on the 95 Express Lanes in this short video:
Click below to hear a message from Aubrey Layne, Virginia Secretary of Transportation.
- 11/26/2014 - In observance of the Thanksgiving holiday, The GWRC/FAMPO office will be closed on Wednesday, November 26, Thursday, November 27 and Friday, November 28, 2014.
- 11/10/2014 - New Rules on I-95 Will Affect Travelers Who Use the HOV Lanes
- 10/29/2014 - Roads, Internet seen as key to Fredericksburg area's growth
- 09/17/2014 - New FAMPO Administrator named
- 07/29/2014 - Spotsy ready to roll on new VRE station